Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thirty in 30, Day 23. I went astray

This morning I went in a direction so very different from anything I've done this month. I went RED! There's a challenge over at Paint my Photo in the loose watercolor group to paint with red. It's a difficult color, so it's a very good learning exercise. A lot of folks have been painting Flamenco dancers, it looked like fun. So, I went crazy and splashed out a dancer this morning.
Very loose, no fussing. It actually felt good, it felt very much like my figure drawing warms ups back in college. I loved that class, the short poses were so much fun. Enjoy this for number 23 and I'm heading back upstairs to the studio. I'm going to try to get ahead these next two days. Hubbies away so I can be very selfish with my time and turn into a crazed hermit artist ;) I'm kind of excited to splash around and see what happens...stay tuned :)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I often paint to flamenco music - and sometimes the paint gets to flying - and the feet get to stomping, but I've not turned out a juicy loose flamenco dancer as watercolor-y and an free spirited as this one. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, I'll have to try the dancing thing too, might make for some expressive line work :)

      Delete