Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Thirty in 30, day 17

I have not been following my own rules. I set out in this challenge to paint underwater scenes. To conquer light and bubbles and movement and, and, stuff. I got sidetracked, I got nervous, I went to my safe place with painting people. Then I got even more nervous and doubtful and pulled out the pen. I started drawing vs. painting. Hmmmm, what made me do that? Was it the time constraint, the subject matter, the paralyzing need for perfection. Hate that perfection thing! I'm not sure, but have a sneaking suspicion it's all of the above combined together to create the perfect storm of my deviant behavior ;) I yelled at myself and went back to my original quest. Well, kind of...first I played with the pen again
...but hey isn't the end result what matters...
I do want to try the rainy scene again, but hide the pens. I think it will lend itself well to a runny drippy impressionistic painting. thanks for looking and thank you for not calling me out on not following my own rules ;) rules are made to be broken, right?

6 comments:

  1. Love your work, philosophy and attitude Judith! Fabulous! Looking forward to the rest of the month's posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan, so nice of you to stop by and comment! Much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those goldfish are done in such a magnificent way! Bravo! wow! I really enjoyed this work! THank you and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say Robert, thank you :) fingers crossed I keep swimming ;)

      Delete