Friday, June 21, 2013

Twenty down, ten to go

Is it July yet? The sky is beginning to look like summer and it being the first day of actual summer I'm getting antsy to put my brushes down for a bit. It will be nice to drink in the summer and create with gardens vs. paint :)
I've achieved twenty portraits. Only 10 to go...I will be attempting siblings as a way to reach my  goal of 30 before months end.
Number 17: Irish Kisses, sourced from Paint My Photo, thank you Barbara Tester :) 

At first I wasn't all that pleased with this, thinking it to be more illustrative than a true portrait...and it may well be, but it has grown on me and I can see some of the good things I did with the paint. 

Onto 18 - argh! I'm calling this Nutty Butty, not because of what he's eating, but because it drove me nutty! I am NOt pleased with the result and have fussed, fussed, fussed with it...it's done, not great work, but hey, they can't all be good :/

Nineteen turned out well, if I may say so myself :) again sourced from a Paint My Photo member, Li Newton. This is Joshua, I haven't come up with a title for him yet, any ideas. I am proud I maintained the light source. I also liked painting dark skintones. The darker pigment reflects light and let's me add all sorts of yummy colors :)

And finally 20 - our good friends son Andrew, giving his Father a somewhat quizzical look. maybe I shoulfd title this, "What Dad?!". I had fun with this and threw down salt in the background and chose hot colors to play with. I think it worked out well :)

That's it for boys, onto siblings and if time a do-over of a few. I have this idea of showing all thirty somewhere and calling the show June Kids, by Judy. Corny, I know ;)
Have a nice weekend all and thanks for stopping in to see what's on the easel :) ~ Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment