Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I will not be Confined ;)

I painted 4 portraits today. I don't have much to say about them...it was fun and is getting easier. I am wondering why I've pressured myself to complete this challenge. I don't think anybody really cares about what I'm doing. I guess it really doesn't matter, it's more important if I care about this challenge...do I care about the challenge? Yes and no. I don't want to be known as the children portrait painter, which now that some people have seen this challenge are saying, "Judy that's what you should do". Really, I didn't know I was in need of finding something to do. Hmmm I thought I was doing what I was doing, being an artist. Painting what inspires me, whatever that may be. I really have never understood why society feels the need to pinpoint artists. "You have to choose a medium" "You have to choose a subject". It all sounds very confining to me. I just want to create, make beauty, share it, have it touch people somehow and I want to use any meadium to do that. Right now I'm using watercolor and painting children, but next month it may be something else. Heck it might not even be a 2 dimensional material. I may spend the month creating wonderful meals for my husband, or designing and creating a new garden. Whatever...I'm going to just keep doing what I do. For those 3 people that read this ;) enjoy and sorry for the moodiness of my post :)
The Brunettes and The Blondes ~ Sisters, watercolor on Arches cold press

No comments:

Post a Comment